I hope that you are all safe and well.
This week, I have decided to try something new – I keep on saying that I can going to try and post something once a week but I don’t end up doing it, so I have decided to post a video once a week and I’ll talk about a different topic each week. So, this week’s topic is Mental Health.
I think Mental Health week was about 2-3 weeks ago but I was meant to do this video then, but due to school work unfortunately I couldn’t but it is never too early or too late to talk about mental health.
Click The Image Below To Watch My Video
In the video, there are tips that help me cope when I am feeling down however there are still more facts and tips that I forgot to mention.
When you are dealing with things like stress, you could:
- Get enough sleep – If you don’t get enough sleep, you will feel tired and your brain won’t function as well as it should do when you do get enough sleep.
- Take a walk or exercise – Sometimes it is best it you go for a walk outside or do some exercise, this way you can divert your mind somewhere else and it will help you to calm down.
- Take deep breathes and count backwards – Sometimes when you get stressed, you do tend to panic, take deep breathes as this way you can slow your heart rate down and your blood pressure. If taking deep breathes is making it worse try and count backwards, get someone to do it with you as this way you have company and it is not only you who is doing it alone.
- Laugh – I know that at times whilst you are busy doing work you kind of forget just to have a laugh. Take a break and watch some funny videos or anything that can just make you laugh. This way, you are in a positive state of mind.
- Spend time with friends and family – I know that at times like these spending time with friends and family can be difficult but if you are living with anyone like with your parents, or anyone spend time with them. If you talk to them in a general conversation, you can divert your mind. If they are away, like you don’t live with them, you can video call them, I use the app Signal as the quality of the video is much better, you can use it as well!
Some of these tips can be useful for other things to like if you are dealing with anxiety. Everyone has different ways of coping. People may clean, read, sing, dance, listen to music, comfort eat, shopping or even cry. There are many different ways of coping but the main one is to try and talk to someone because if you do talk to someone, you will feel better and like they say, “A problem shared is a problem halved” and probably solved as they will give you advice on what you could do.
Thank you for reading my blog post and I hope you enjoyed reading it!